Friday, April 12, 2013

Day One of Personal Trainer Food Complete!

Day One - Personal Trainer Food

Ok.  I've eaten two meals now (just finished my first dinner), and I have to say that this is definitely something I can do for the long haul.  The teriyaki chicken I had for lunch was fantastic.  It really was tender and moist as advertised.  I ate the broccoli with a little of the included garlic vegetable sauce that they send with the order.  The broccoli was, well, microwaved broccoli, but better than some frozen broccoli I've had in the past.  I think that cooking it in the bag really does help.  The sauce seems like some sort of vegetable oil and garlic.  It's pretty tasty if you like garlic, which I do!

Dinner was not as good as lunch, but still beats anything I ever ate from Nutrisystem by a mile.  I had the monterey jack chicken sticks and one of the vegetable blends, which had yellow peppers that came out soggier than the other veggies.  I'd give the sticks a B-.  They are breaded, so they might turn out better if I put them in the toaster oven next time.  Again, the garlic sauce makes the veggies more interesting to eat.

Like the only other real review I've seen, I think it would be great if they would label the bags.  I figured out which chicken sticks I was eating by process of elimination.  

The program recommends that you walk for 5-10 minutes a day at first and walk longer as you build stamina.  I already had a treadmill and am used to walking for longer, so I did a 20-minute walk before I ate dinner.  They say in the videos that you don't have to do long, difficult workouts.  I guess my pants will let me know over time if that's true!  :)

Because they recommend breaking the scale addiction (and I have a serious scale addiction) I'm going to wait four weeks before I weigh in again.  So I'll write about energy levels and how my clothes feel until then.

Other than the soggy yellow peppers, the only complaint I've had so far is getting used to the portion sizes.  I had to have an extra snack between lunch and dinner because I was pretty hungry.  However, I'm feeling pretty satisfied from dinner, so maybe it's just the particular food I ate at lunch.

To sum up - so much yummier than any diet food I've ordered before, but you may not know which meal you're eating until you've tasted it!


No comments:

Post a Comment